Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of a team, provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; answering support queries via phone and email.
- Pro-actively check and maintain customer infrastructure, systems & backups.
- Regularly visit customer sites to provide onsite troubleshooting, support and hardware/software installations.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management/ITIL principles.
- Take ownership of user faults and requests and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Log every fault and request as a separate ticket on the ticket logging system.
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Allocate and escalate relevant tickets to other members of the IT Support team when appropriate.
- Arrange for external, third party, technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- To log all actions and time on the appropriate customer ticket.
- Work on all tickets according to SLA events and priority.
- Proactively communicate with the customer by phone and via the ticket during the life cycle of the support fault or request.
- Follow and adhere to all of the appropriate, documented procedures for repeatable tasks.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- At least 3 years’ IT Service Desk experience.
- Experience with an IT Managed Service Provider beneficial.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to develop a good rapport with all customers and colleagues and present a helpful and co-operative manner.
- Experience of using ticket logging software.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 & Microsoft 365.
- Understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- General networking proficiency (DHCP, DNS, vLANS, etc)
- English & Maths to GCSE Grade C or above
- Microsoft & ITIL Certifications would be beneficial.
- Full, clean UK driving license
(Strictly no Agencies)