The primary objective of this Account Management position is to expand the company’s business within the client base in IT Managed Services, primarily in the UK south east.
The Account Manager will act as the company’s main interface with customers and drive those relationships to maximize business opportunities and to achieve or exceed orders, sales, margins and other key targets as appropriate to the accounts.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate tangible value and growth of the company’s Managed Services business and will be a key member of the sales team.
- Regular contact with customers’ decision makers and influencers to ensure that the customer’s requirements are fully understood, met and modified where necessary. Ensuring that the company is placed in the best possible position thus maximising business opportunities. From these contacts, ensuring that relevant information is fed back into the company’s account strategy & planning for future business.
- Regular alignment with colleagues and management relative to the account requirements and opportunities to ensure the business objectives are met.
Professional and personal requirements
- Preferably 5 years of directly relevant experience in Managed Services/Solutions-oriented selling in the IT space with clear evidence of achievement, credibility and customer acceptance.
- A series of significant accomplishments based upon a demonstrated understanding of a customer’s business, strategy & identified insertion points.
- A solid track record of excellent negotiating and communication skills.
- Evidence of having developed a good working knowledge of a customer’s culture, organization and business drivers.
- A demonstrated ability to influence others and to mobilize internal and external resources across an organization to fulfill customer requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of Managed Services market situation in the IT space and for SME’s
- CRM experience
- Proven experience from relationship building activities with customers
- High ability to develop and execute strategic plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder at customer management level
- Track record of achieving KPI’s and targets.
- The position may require frequent travelling in the target business area
- Fluent English